“Every birth is different, with experiences going from calm to chaotic, dark and quiet to bright and loud, sometimes all in the one intense experience, but each and every birth is unique. As much as mothers feel like it’s an experience they will remember forever, the event of childbirth is not indelible and being able to recall the experience months and years later with powerful and personal imagery is incredibly compelling and I’m blessed to be able to assist with that.”
– Kelly Jordan
Birth is the most intense event any of us will ever experience and we understand the importance of having those around you that you trust. With this in mind, we wouldn’t dream of taking on a client if the feeling of trust and respect wasn’t there from day one, so our entire process is designed around building the trust required to ensure the moment can be captured without being awkward or unnatural.
- Meet with Kelly and get to know each other. If there is a genuine connection and rapport then we can proceed to step 2.
- Discuss timing of your birth, location, situation, expectations and other professionals (partners, midwives, doulas, obstetricians, etc.), who will be present during your little ones arrival and ensure all are comfortable.
- Ensure that the expected arrival of your little one fits in our schedule. We are dedicated to ensuring that we can capture your arrival and strive to ensure we are not overbooked during any one period. If we are unable to fit you into our schedule, we are more than happy to refer to you colleagues who may.
- Keep in contact as the big day approaches. We understand all too well that births seldom go exactly to plan and keeping in contact as we get closer to the date ensures surprises are kept to a minimum for everyone.
- Kelly is on call as your big date approaches, and once you go into labour, contact us to let us know things are in progress, then again once you are admitted to hospital or enter “active birth”.
- Kelly joins you for the big reveal, taking care to stay out of the limelight and in the background, capturing the occasion in low light and unobtrusively.
- When convenient for you (typically within a few weeks), Kelly comes to you to provide a slideshow of the experience and the images captured, and talk through exactly how best to represent your beautiful newborn’s arrival in artwork.
- We develop your artwork to your specifications and deliver you a finished product that you will cherish for years to come.